We study the impact of legislation and political considerations across a wide range of issues facing our clients around the world. Our clients — both government agencies and private companies — are making complex decisions involving regulated industries and complicated commercial arrangements, taxation and public/private partnerships that necessarily operate at the intersection of legislative, political, regulatory and commercial considerations. FTI Consulting economic experts — many of whom have held critical positions in government and academia — have years of experience advising on concrete, economically defensible and workable solutions for resolving competing considerations.
Our public policy experts Include world-renowned academics at our leading schools of public policy, former high-level government officials, and executives with deep private sector experience in established and emerging economies.
Issues we study for our clients include:
- The effect of environmental, tax policy and other regulations on global competitiveness
- Comparative analysis of proposed policy alternatives
- Appropriate division of responsibility for federal and local regulators
- Effects of regulations on risk sharing across various constituencies
- Analysis of unintended consequences
Our Service Offerings Include:
- Strategic & regulatory planning
- Program evaluation
- Regulatory & policy reform
- Analysis of proposed legislation & regulation
- Tort liability
- Public private partnerships
- Public finance