- Special Advisor
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +852 3768 4688
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- China, Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- B. Bus., Federation University Australia
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Insolvency Practitioners’ Association of Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (CA ANZ)
- Corporate Finance
- Emerging Markets
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Transaction Advisory
- Corporate Governance
Rod Sutton has over 25 years of experience in business advisory. This includes roles as CEO, Executive Committee Member, Advisor, Director, Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO), Receiver or Liquidator, Investigative Accountant and Forensic Accounting Expert.
Rod is currently a Special Advisor to the Asia Pacific region of FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Previously, Rod was the Chairman of the Asia Pacific region of FTI Consulting and in this role was instrumental in the opening and development of the firm’s offices in Australia, the Caribbean and Singapore. He relocated permanently to Hong Kong in 2002. In his current role as Special Advisor he is focused on client service assignments covering Hong Kong and Singapore.
Rod has played roles in many of the major restructuring, formal insolvency and forensic accounting assignments in Asia Pacific.
Rod’s advice is currently sought after by clients seeking his deep experience and ability to work out projects in a timely and effective way. He also undertakes a number of independent non-executive director roles assisting companies develop their business and install proper and robust corporate governance regimes.
- Experienced developer of businesses
- Independent non-executive director
- Chief Restructuring Officer
- Expert witness specialising in identification of fraud
- Expert witness regarding the hallmarks of money laundering
- Expert witness regarding the conduct of audits
- Experienced liquidator in Hong Kong and the Caribbean jurisdictions
- Receiver and Manager