- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +1 345 743 6838
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Suite 3212, 53 Market Street
- Camana Bay
- Grand Cayman, KY1-1203
- Cayman Islands
- T: +1 345 743 6830
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accountancy & Commercial Law, Victoria University of Wellington
- Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Accountancy, Victoria University of Wellington
- Chartered Accountant, Australia and New Zealand
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Cayman Islands
- INSOL International
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Asset Tracing & Recovery
Nilani Perera is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice at FTI Consulting and is based in the Cayman Islands. Nilani has more than 14 years’ experience in insolvency, restructuring, financial advisory and audit matters in BVI, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Singapore and PRC, including over nine years based in the Cayman Islands where she specialised in cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters involving offshore companies.
- Liquidator of a BVI company with interests in a Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) terminal in Kenya and a Landfill Gas (LFG) project in UAE which were the subject of litigation claims.
- Receiver of secured assets of a large mining company, with interests in Sierra Leone, to enforce a USD$225 million facility after the cancellation of the ownership and operating license by the Government of Sierra Leone.
- Liquidator of Platinum Partners Value Arbitrage Fund (International) Limited, the feeder fund in a USD$1.7 billion master-feeder fund structure following allegations of fraud on the part of the Investment Manager.
- Forensic Advisor to prepare three expert reports in respect of the commerciality of loan agreements, fund flow tracing to determine the source and use of funds for the loans. The expert reports were used in proceedings in New York, BVI, Lichtenstein and Russia.
- Receiver over the shares of a BVI company which owned a GBP30 million property in London.
- Liquidator of Crescent Corporate Services Limited, a licensed and regulated BVI Registered Agent and Trust company that provided registered agent, nominee shareholder and director, trustee and Shipping Registry services to over 3,000 clients.
- Liquidator to three BVI companies which collectively held a portfolio of 13 properties in the UK with an estimated total value of GBP12 million.
- Liquidator over a BVI company which owned and operated a super yacht charter business in Bali, Indonesia.
- Appointed to prepare a valuation report in respect of the shares of a BVI company in a gold and diamond exploration and mining group operating in Sierra Leone, to enforce a judgment debt and charging order.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Nilani established the BVI office of an international boutique insolvency and restructuring firm. From 2010 to 2014, she was based in Hong Kong with the same firm, supervising insolvency, restructuring, executive independent directorships, and forensics matters for offshore Cayman and BVI companies with assets predominately in Asia.