- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 3 9604 0612
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 21, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- B.B., Accounting, Monash University
- B.A., Psychology, Monash University
- Chartered Accountant, Australia
- Certified Turnaround Practitioner
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Association of Certified Turnaround Practitioners
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Global Board of Trustees
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Mike McCreadie is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Melbourne.
Mike has had over 20 years of experience working in the restructuring and non performing loan (“NPL”) areas or as a Finance Director in Asia, Australia Western and Eastern Europe, and the United States.
Mike has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors in and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings and assisting companies and financial institutions in buying and selling portfolios of loans. Services provided include development and implementation of business plans; cost reduction initiatives; strategic realignment of business units; operational analysis of cash flow projections; development and implementation of cash management programs; operational and financial reporting; negotiations for the sale of businesses; sourcing financing; forensic investigations; valuation of loan portfolio’s and buy and sell side due diligence support.
Mike has experience across a broad range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, retail, energy, manufacturing, consulting, airline, timber, textile and hospitality.
In addition to his client service responsibilities, Mike has been Global Finance Director for PricewaterhouseCoopers, responsible for the overall financial coordination of the Global Financial Advisory Services business. Most recently Mike started up a company in Asia that currently employs over 100 people. While in the United States, Michael was a regular guest lecturer on corporate reorganisation at Georgetown University.
Relevant roles include:
- Served as an advisor to US Airways during the reorganization under Chapter 11. Advised the company amongst other things in the preparation and filing of the statements and schedules, accounting cut off procedures, plan of emergence and development and implementation of strategic realignment of the business which included a cost reduction initiatives aimed at reducing non wage and aircraft related overheads by approximately US$200M.
- ANZ Bank- Undertook due diligence on behalf of ANZ on Royal Bank of Scotland’s loan portfolios in Asia during ANZ’s purchase of RBS’s Asian business in 2009. The process involved working with ANZ’s risk team in assessing risk profile of the existing loan portfolio, adequacy of provisions and Tier 1 capital issues on merging the two loan books in Asia. seller with negotiations with potential purchasers.
- On behalf of an Asian based bank, Michael lead an engagement to value and review the banks valuation methodology relating to the NPL portfolios purchased by the bank in Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand.
- Expert Witness Report in the Banksia Securities Limited court actions. Prepared an expert witness report in terms of valuation of the assets sold and the timing of these sales in terms of likely recovery amounts.
- Global Finance Director for PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory practice. Total revenue of over US$1.4B and in excess of 5,000 staff globally. Mike’s responsibilities included preparing the business for sale, preparing three way financial models, data room preparation and management and deal execution.