- Managing Director
- Economic Consulting
- T: +1 703 966 1954
- 8251 Greensboro Drive
- McLean, VA, 22102
- United States
- T: +1 571 405 3260
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Virginia
- M.B.A., Georgetown University
- Energy Bar Association
- Energy, Power & Products
Ken Ditzel is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in McLean, Virginia. Mr. Ditzel is in the Network Industry Strategies practice in the Economic Consulting segment. He is an expert advisor and expert witness for clients in the power generation, coal, oil and gas, biofuels, and manufacturing industries.
Mr. Ditzel has worked in and consulted for the energy industry for over 15 years. On the advisory side, Mr. Ditzel specializes in developing, examining, and planning around future scenarios for natural gas, coal, oil, and electricity markets under a range of technology, policy, and economic environments. He has used scenario analysis in the context of portfolio analysis, asset acquisition / divestment, technology assessments, policy analysis, M&A due diligence, and growth strategies.
As an expert witness, Mr. Ditzel has authored expert reports for both litigation and arbitration cases. In October 2013, he testified before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) regarding a failed gas processing facility in South America. Additionally, he testified in March 2013 before the US House of Representative’s Subcommittee on Energy and Power regarding the impacts of liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports on gas prices and the manufacturing sector.
Before FTI Consulting, Mr. Ditzel was a Principal at Charles Rivers Associates and an Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. Prior to consulting, Mr. Ditzel was a power plant engineer for the Dow Chemical Company at two cogeneration plants in Texas.
Mr. Ditzel has authored a number of reports, presentations and articles, which include the following:
- Ditzel, Kenneth “New Wind Resources at 2.5 cents/kWh? Not so fast,” Energy Pulse, October 09, 2014.
- Ditzel, Kenneth “Evaluation of the 2014 Annual Energy Outlook Early Release: Implications for U.S. LNG Exports and Natural Gas Prices,” February 3, 2014.
- Ditzel, Kenneth “Evaluation of the May 2013 API Report: U.S. LNG Exports: Impacts on Energy Markets and the Economy,” July 19, 2013.
- Ditzel, Kenneth, Plewes, Jeff, and Broxson, Bob, “US Manufacturing and LNG Exports: Economic Contributions to the US Economy and Impacts on US Natural Gas Prices,” February 2013.
- Neimeyer, M., Bloomberg, S., and Ditzel, K. “The Merits of Combining a Renewable Electricity Standard with a Greenhouse Gas Cap-and-Trade Policy: An Analysis of the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (H.R.2454),” USAEE, August 2009.
- “Waxman-Markey and its Implications on Gasification”, presented at the 2009 Gasification Technologies Council Workshop, Kingsport, TN, June 2009.
- Aiken, R., Ditzel, K., Wilson, D., and Morra, F. “Coal-Based Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle: Market Penetration Strategies and Recommendations,” August 2004