- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 646 632 3859
- F: +1 646 632 3893
- 750 Third Avenue
- 27th Floor
- New York, NY, 10017
- United States
- T: +1 646 632 3800
- F: +1 646 632 3893
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Corporate Leadership Program, Harvard Business School
- Corporate Leadership Program London Business School
- Real Estate
Josh Herrenkohl has more than 25 years of professional experience including more than 15 within the real estate industry.
Highly regarded for Mr. Herrenkohl’s deep real estate industry knowledge, he is recognized as a leader in the areas of real estate operating model effectiveness and digital transformation, with a focus on cost reduction, outsourcing, technology innovation, and process efficiency. His work spans the real estate investor and corporate real estate sectors, helping organizations to scale their enterprises and better align to strategic growth objectives.
Mr. Herrenkohl has worked extensively on complex transactions with Fortune 500 companies and with private equity funds, REITs and other large institutional investors. He has been at the forefront of exploring industry applications that include smart buildings, analytics, intelligent automation, blockchain and cyber security. He has diverse international and cultural experience, having worked with clients worldwide.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Herrenkohl led EY’s Global Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction Advisory Services practice where he oversaw all aspects of their corporate real estate, construction and real estate investor advisory services worldwide. Prior to EY, he worked for Capgemini and the Japanese Government.
- Advised a large, global real estate private equity fund manager on the development of a shared services model for middle and back office functions. Managed transition and training processes as well as operationalization of the function.
- Advised a Fortune 500 health care and life sciences company on the optimization of their corporate real estate function. The scope included technology, processes, organization structure, data management as well as cost reduction across the portfolio and platform.
- Advised a North American pension fund manager with $50B of diverse global real estate assets with the restructuring of their operating model. Supported the automation of data management and processes, resulting in increased transparency and reduced costs associated with headcount, duplication of activities, and infrastructure.