- Senior Managing Director, Asia Co-Leader
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +852 3768 4738
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- China, Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- B.Sc., Economics (Honours), Banking and Finance from Cardiff University, Wales, U.K.
- Chartered Accountant, Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Accountant in England & Wales
- Certificate III, Investigative Services (Australia)
- Investigation of Persons License (CAPII Australia)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Expert Testimony
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- International Arbitration
Since 1997, Jon Rowell has focused on providing independent expertise and evidence in relation to complex business, valuation, accounting and financial issues in both contentious and non-contentious contexts.
Jon was first appointed as a testifying expert in 2007, and has testified on many occasions in Court and before international arbitration tribunals in Hong Kong, China, the Caribbean and Australia on behalf of both claimants and respondents.
Jon's work primarily involves issues regarding the identification and valuation of damages, the valuation of businesses and the investigation of fraud and corruption. He has acted as an independent expert and investigating accountant in a wide variety of situations, including in relation to commercial and joint venture agreement disputes, merger and acquisition disputes, pricing-related disputes, intellectual property valuation disputes, shareholder disputes, family trust disputes and fraud and corruption investigations.
Jon has worked on projects in a wide range of industry sectors, including energy and natural resources, healthcare, insurance, pharmaceuticals, financial services, telecommunications, property, manufacturing and retail.
Jon holds a bachelor's degree in Economics, banking and finance from Cardiff University. He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, and a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Jon has lived and worked in the United Kingdom, Australia and Hong Kong and has led cross-border client engagements in Europe, Asia, Australia and North America.
WWL says: Jon Rowell is widely regarded as an “excellent expert under cross-examination” with a great “depth of knowledge” of disputes and investigations.