- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +65 6831 7802
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #12-02
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- B.Comm., Accounting and Corporate Administration, Curtin University of Technology
- Certificate III in Investigative Services, Australia
- Chartered Accountant, ICAEW
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Associate, Governance Institute of Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Anti-money Laundering
- Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Jarrod Baker is a Senior Managing Director in the Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment of FTI Consulting. He provides specialist support to clients operating in the Asia Pacific region who face high stakes litigation, complex investigations and regulatory scrutiny.
Having worked across the globe, Mr. Baker’s experience leading multi-disciplinary forensic teams has been gained within the Big Four accounting firms as well as during his time spent working in the Enforcement Division of the UK Financial Conduct Authority. He was also the in-house forensic accountant and investigator based in the internal audit department of a Fortune 100 manufacturing corporation.
Recognised as one of "the foremost forensic accountants" by Who's Who Legal, Mr. Baker has conducted numerous investigations on behalf of corporates and their legal counsel into complex fraud, serious misconduct and financial crime. He has also been involved in the preparation of a range of expert reports for damages and loss of profits calculations and those that have resulted in orders for freezing injunctions.
In addition to his work at the UK financial regulator, Mr. Baker is experienced in working on high profile investigations involving regulators such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Justice and Australian Securities and Investments Commission. This includes investigating breaches of anti-corruption legislation such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”), violations of Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions and financial misstatement.
Drawing upon both his previous role as an FCPA compliance auditor for a U.S. multinational corporation and from experience in helping corporates respond to regulatory investigations related to anti-corruption legislation, Mr. Baker is well-versed in helping corporates develop, implement and monitor effectiveness of their anti-corruption compliance frameworks.
Mr. Baker is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and also of the Governance Institute of Australia. He currently serves as Non-Executive Director of the Australian affiliate of Transparency International, the global coalition against corruption.