- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 646 485 0575
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.A., University of Texas
- M.A., The Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
Gavin Parrish is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in New York. Mr. Parrish has worked extensively in providing advice on complex compliance and regulatory matters for corporations and law firms. He is a member of the Global Risk & Investigations Practice in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment.
An attorney by training, Mr. Parrish has specialized in the design and implementation of adequate policies, procedures and other internal controls to ensure compliance with the anti-bribery and accounting provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other international anti-bribery regulations. He frequently conducts investigations for in-house and external counsel into allegations of wrongdoing, including fraud, corruption, financial misstatements, price-fixing, self-dealing and other related forms of misconduct. In addition, Mr. Parrish regularly oversees international due diligence investigations, asset tracing exercises and business intelligence matters, with an emphasis on engagements involving Latin America.
Recent experience includes:
- Directed an internal investigation on behalf of a U.S.-based firm into allegations of corruption and fraud in multiple jurisdictions in Asia, involving potential violations of the FCPA and self-reporting to the U.S. government and multilateral institutions. Coordinated and managed the work of investigators, forensic accountants, computer forensics’ specialists and crisis management experts.
- Led a team of 20 investigators in executing an internal, multi-jurisdictional antitrust investigation for a U.S.-based firm involving the collection, processing and review of electronic data in English, Portuguese and Spanish of more than 100 employees across eight jurisdictions in Latin America.
- Conducted a corruption, fraud and antitrust risk assessment in Brazil and Argentina for a major European apparel manufacturer, which included a review of the current compliance program, business processes and existing controls, as well as undertaking more than 80 interviews in Portuguese and Spanish.
- Coordinated an international investigative team tracing assets of a state-owned energy company across 10 jurisdictions in connection with the enforcement of an arbitral award.
- Developed compliance programs and conducted anti-corruption workshops and employee trainings for a wide variety of clients with international operations in complex and opaque jurisdictions.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Parrish was a Managing Director at Control Risks, a global risk consultancy. His practice at Control Risks focused on advising multinational clients on a wide range of investigations, risk assessments and intelligence gathering exercises. Mr. Parrish also managed various investigative teams based in the United States, Mexico and Colombia.