- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +86 21 2315 1016
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- Unit 2101-04, Central Plaza
- 227 Huangpi (N) Road
- Shanghai, 200003
- T: +86 21 2315 1000
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- B.A., International Relations, University of Pennsylvania
- M.B.A., Accounting and Finance, New York University, Stern School of Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New York
- Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Corporate Fraud & Investigations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Securities Litigation & Risk Management
Eddie Lam is a Senior Managing Director based in Shanghai, China where he leads the Forensic Accounting & Advisory Services China practice at FTI Consulting.
Eddie has provided accounting, investigative and compliance related expertise in litigation, crisis and audit situations for more than 18 years. He has led engagements in over 20 countries spanning Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas, assisting clients with regulatory inquiries and other allegations of wrongdoing including financial reporting fraud, corruption/bribery, misappropriation of assets and employee misconduct.
Additionally, Eddie has significant experience in advising on and implementing various proactive compliance and risk mitigation initiatives that help companies protect their interests, both commercially and legally.
Internationally recognised as a leading forensic accountant by Who’s Who Legal in their ‘Investigations 2017’ edition, Eddie is noted by clients as being “very responsive to client needs” and “very knowledgeable about the field.”
Key areas of specialty include:
- Forensic accounting investigations
- Compliance program design, evaluation and implementation
- Compliance/FCPA investigations and oversight audits
- Litigation support
- Third-party compliance due diligence/audits/investigations
- Pre-transactional due diligence
- Business process and internal control design and assessment
- Dispute resolution support
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Eddie was a Director for the German engineering firm Siemens, based in Beijing, China. At Siemens, Eddie was responsible for overseeing all compliance related audits and forensic accounting matters in the Asia Pacific region. Before that, Eddie was a Director in PwC’s Forensic Services practice out of New York where he led and assisted on several large scale forensic accounting and anti-corruption investigations.
Eddie holds a B.A. in International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania as well as an M.B.A. in Accounting and Finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of New York.