- Senior Managing Director
- T: +91 22 5036 5016
- M: +91 98 200 73695
- 20th Floor, Oberoi Commerz II
- International Business Park, Oberoi Garden City
- off Western Express Highway
- Mumbai, 400063
- T: +91 22 5036 5040
- M.S., Information Technology, Virginia Tech
- M.B.A., SPJIMR, India
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Oracle Certification
- Cisco Certification
- International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers, (IAITAM)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association, (ISACA)
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India, (ASSOCHAM)
- Forensic Technology
- Data & Analytics
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Financial Institutions
Amit Jaju is a Senior Managing Director for FTI Consulting in India and is based in Mumbai where he also heads the Technology segment. He has created market leading solutions around financial crime, cyber incident response, analytics and software licensing, and delivered engagements for global and Indian clients in over 20 countries.
Amit’s experience spans multiple sectors including Financial Services, Information Technology, Pharmaceuticals and Media & Entertainment. He has led many complex global data analytics engagements including implementing and managing enterprise-wide fraud and AML monitoring solutions for banks and implementing terrorism monitoring over the internet for defense services. He has delivered sanctions diagnostics and investigation engagements across Europe and the Middle East for large US sanctions matters and has developed a sanctions analytics platform to deliver end-to-end sanctions diagnostics and monitoring. He has 14 years of forensics and risk consulting experience.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Amit was a Partner with Ernst & Young for nine years as Head of Forensic Technology in India and Markets lead for Forensic Technology in EMEIA. Before EY, Amit was the Forensic Technology lead at KPMG in India for five years. Before joining the Big Four, Amit worked with a boutique information security consulting firm.
Amit holds a Master’s degree in Information Technology from Virginia Tech USA and an M.B.A from SPJIMR, India. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Software Asset Manager (IAITAM) and holds certifications from IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco.
Amit’s recent experience includes:
- Creating unique and innovative solutions led by technology to address complex problems.
- Investigated and identified the individuals involved in the global hack and episode leak of a popular TV series.
- Investigated multiple high profile cyber crime cases in India targeting large banks and corporations including all the top 10 largest banks in India.
- Acted as an expert witness in Europe regarding a USD $20 million software IP infringement case on behalf of the software publisher.
- Managed and led over 5000 software license compliance engagements in India and overseas with clients across all industries including Financial Services, Insurance, Telecommunications, Information Technology Enabled Services and Commodities resulting in revenue generation for these clients.
- Developed a framework to detect predatory pricing for airline tickets.
- Delivered a large compliance engagement for a stock exchange around trades and data feed management.
- Created a social media and dark web analysis platform for predicted and investigating business risks for clients.
- Developed an AI based video analytics solution to prevent revenue leakage for clients in the infrastructure sector.
Amit writes for a bi-monthly dedicated column for Mint newspaper and is a member of the Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM) committee for block chain, RPA and new generation technology. Amit’s study around Insider Threats is published in the courseware at Cambridge University.