Finance Technology Enablement
As stakeholders increasingly demand faster, clearer and more comprehensive information and analysis, organizations have to make significant investments in their systems infrastructure. In doing so, complex challenges can arise that diminish data quality and impede achieving a Single Source of Truth (“SST”).
The Office of the CFO Solutions team at FTI Consulting has functional and technical experts across all levels of the corporate finance function, enabling us to provide the CFO with meaningful insights and share relevant experience to support finance technology (“FinTech”) initiatives. Our team has the skills and expertise to serve as trusted advisors on technology-led business transformations that enable workforces to transition from a transaction-based processing focus to a decision-support and oversight model.
Our team collaborates with the client, providing the objectivity, structure and creativity needed to design pragmatic solutions. We develop tangible plans of action that deliver rapid value to the organization and build sustainable business performance. We take pride in our roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and our ability to establish a stable and efficient organization, deliver results and implement solutions to maximize performance. We won’t just draw a roadmap – we will build a plan and steer the company through the execution of technology enabled transformation.
Fintech Health Check
Assess the state and architecture of business systems to determine maturity levels and provide tactical advice and recommendations.
- Perform a rapid assessment and develop a transformation roadmap focused on leveraging technology as a key enabler to optimize both event-driven and long term strategic business scenarios.
- Review current and future-state documents and align design documents with long term vision for financial systems performance.
- Review and assess business environment and requirements, incorporating the impact of emerging trends (e.g., cloud-based ERP, big data, predictive analytics) to help define business-information technology (“IT”) strategic direction and provide finance technology decision support.
- Create deployment strategy to identify a three phase vision, based on a ‘crawl-walk-run’ approach.
Fintech Program Governance and Turnaround
Provide program management, governance, scope management, and communications cadence services to unlock the full potential of finance IT projects.
- Leverage industry-leading program governance practices and IT skills to enable execution of large-scale technology transformation and implementation programs.
- Establish, lead and manage overall project charter, business requirements and timeline.
- Identify and resolve project issues collaboratively and course-correct to manage expectations, ensuring alignment and integration among all parties.
- Engage team leads regularly to communicate and confirm ability to meet milestones.
- Coordinate and integrate activities across work streams and teams.
- Identify and adjust resource needs and allocations according to the work plan.
- Manage project risks actively and measure progress against intended business benefits.
- Track ROI and manage change control.
- Engage on distressed in-flight projects (e.g., fatigued, behind schedule, over budget) to recommend and execute on course correction actions for ROI realization.
- Provide surge resources on an as-needed basis (short-term and long-term).
Deliver business solutions that require in-depth analysis of large, disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data.
- Provide strategies for business analytics and enterprise reporting to analyze past business performance, gain insight and drive business performance.
- Provide a platform for enhanced business analytics and predictive modeling capabilities and assist in defining the big data journey.
- Validate data sources both inside and outside financial systems and assess the current data management infrastructure supporting existing finance processes.
- Implement integrated and reliable methodology for data collection and distribution.
Event-Driven Technology Support
Lead IT due diligence in support of merger and acquisition and advise on transactions (e.g., systems integration and carveout stabilization).
- Assess the reliability and scope of technology systems and processes.
- Identify any issues and potential risks that may affect an ongoing transaction.
- Assist with due diligence and hands-on support for requests from various transaction stakeholders.
Client Success Stories
- Supported a large residential and commercial mortgage servicing company embarking on a technology modernization program to transition from a transaction-based processing focus to a decision-support and oversight model.
- Bridged the gap between business and technology for a large lending company, and migrated enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) financial architecture and human capital management platform to the cloud facilitating a SST. Work was completed on-time and on-budget.
- Assessed the health of a data warehouse implementation for a large global financial services organization to understand the lack of return on investment (“ROI”) realization. Provided a short-term course correction action plan built on recommendations that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.
- Collaborated with executive stakeholders to develop long-term business intelligence strategy for a leading insurance company. Delivered a tactical roadmap focused on leveraging existing investments and emerging technologies to move the organization from hindsight to insight and ultimately foresight.