- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +61 7 3225 4920
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- 22 Market Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- B.Bus., Queensland University of Technology
- Registered Liquidator
- ASIC Registered Official Liquidator
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Chartered Accountant
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Asset Tracing & Recovery
- Bankruptcy Process & Contingency Planning
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Transaction Advisory
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Retail & Consumer Products
Kelly Trenfield is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Brisbane, Australia. Kelly has more than 22 years of experience, 18 of which are in corporate finance.
Kelly has extensive experience in all facets of corporate and personal insolvency, including formal and informal administrations, independent business and fraud reviews, turnaround and business consulting. In addition, Kelly spent three years working in London and Dublin for Merrill Lynch, ANZ Investment Bank and The Exchequer of the Republic of Ireland. She has led successful engagements across a wide range of industries, most recently within the mining and mining services, property and construction industries.
Kelly takes a commercial approach to dealing with distressed assets and business to maximise results for all stakeholders. She provides commercial and realistic advice to clients when dealing with difficult and complex situations. As a result of her leadership and expertise in operational and trading aspects, she has taken the helm of some of the highest profile and largest corporate collapses in Australia.
- Queensland Nickel – Joint Administrator and Liquidator of this large and complex engagement involving a high profile Nickel refinery in North Queensland. Kelly’s focus in this engagement was the ongoing trading operations of the refinery including treasury and employees relations, investigations and subsequent legal proceedings;
- Robins Kitchens – Joint Administrator, Deed Administrator and Liquidator of this well known chain of homewares stores. Kelly led the ongoing trading of the business prior to it’s eventual sale;
- Conduct of Liquidation of managed investment scheme with initial funds under management in excess of AU$1 billion; and
- Raptis – Receiver of the Southport Central development focusing on the sale of development stock and the ongoing operations of a significant management rights business.